Monday, November 05, 2007

Jason's new hobby

Yes, that's lobster... and Jason caught it! He's been going lobster-fishing once a month with his friends, and they've been pretty successful. The first time he was in a kayak with his friend and when they went to pull up the net they lost their balance and fell in! Our good friend Matt has refurbished Grandpa M's old canoe that my dad and uncles built, and that was the other boat they took out. So the old canoe is on the high seas once more! Lobster is supposedly gourmet, but I don't think it really lives up to the hype. But... I'm also not a seafood lover. I will say, though, that I never knew there were so many ways to cook a lobster. When the guys get together it's like that scene in Forrest Gump when Bubba is naming all the ways to cook shrimp.

These poor lobsters met their fate at Jon and Cheryl's... I don't think Cheryl was prepared for Jason to bring over a bucket of live lobsters to cook in her kitchen!Bon Appetit!

3 comments:

Jon and Cheryl said...

Hey, I forgot to put out the trash cans last week, so now I have fermenting lobster shells stinking up the side yard! Thursday (trash day) can't come soon enough!!

Miss Megan said...

I LOVE lobster! And to get it that fresh, would be awesome! Jason can come and cook me seafood anytime! Hope you guys are doing good. Thanks for all the comments you leave me Heidi, they make my day!

Larry said...

I would love to see Jason and his firends in that canoe with all those live lobsters in there with them! That is probably a "Funniest Home Video"!