Emily and I had a great week visiting Mom in Utah!
Jumping on Grandma's bed in one of Karen's photo props- a super flouncy tutu skirt
I am so painting my garage door (when I get one...)
The waterlilies in Kristin's backyard
We visited the cemetery by Kristin's new apartment where most of the prophets of the church are buried.
We had lunch at the Garden Cafe on top of the Joseph Smith Memorial Building which overlooks the Salt Lake Temple. True story- a waiter dropped a huge stack of plates right in front of Emily who was sleeping in her stroller, but she barely stirred when they shattered loudly! Everyone in the restaurant was amazed that she slept right through it!
Emily and her 3rd cousin Ember became great friends and were so cute as they played and talked to each other in that secret toddler language.
Emily was over the moon when Brady showed up! They spent an hour running around the house just being excited to see each other!
They loved playing in the large grassy yard... and going 0.01 mph in the Barbie Jeep
My grandma passed away the afternoon we flew up. I was sad to have missed seeing her, but I know that she is happy, out of pain, and with my grandpa now. I'm especially glad Emily and I were there to help mom out with organizing grandma's things, arranging the funeral, and staying cheered up (Emily is an expert at that!)
Mom and her brothers Barry and Barney
some of the grandkids and great-grandkids: Jenn, Cheryl, Brady, Melanie, Kristin, Emily, Heidi
Mom let me arrange the flowers for the casket spray- it was a lot of fun! When Jason retires I'm going to become a florist :)
Leah and her son Ben came and it was great to reconnect with her! We had a fun time talking and reminiscing... although we both felt like we were all caught up with each others' lives because of the joy of blogging!
Emily's new pose of cuteness
Tragedy strikes! At church on Sunday Emily lost her balance and fell face-first onto the corner of the hymnal holder and split her lip all the way through! The collision was heard throughout the chapel- (I swear it echoed) and then Emily's piercing scream quickly followed. I scooped her up and rushed her out to the bathroom as she bled profusely all over the front of both of our dresses (Mom later said it looked like we had been shot). Luckily Melanie was there to help me try to stay calm (unsuccessfully as I freaked out when it wouldn't stop bleeding) and one of the doctors from the congregation came and examined the wound, relieving me when she advised not to get stitches. So Emily had a fat lip for the next week, but it healed nicely, although it looked totally gory on the inside of her little lip :(
These are Emily's "what?" hands
Brady tried to steal Em's seat in the playhouse, but she kicked him out.
They started doing this all by themselves! I was so impressed with their smarts!
Emily has added "horse" and "neigh" to her vocabulary
Thanks for a great trip Mom!
Brady tried to steal Em's seat in the playhouse, but she kicked him out.
They started doing this all by themselves! I was so impressed with their smarts!The kids loved looking at the horses across the street
Emily has added "horse" and "neigh" to her vocabulary
Thanks for a great trip Mom!


6 comments:
Aww what a great trip. I like your photo better of the 4 of us. :) Ben is actually smiling and doesn't have his mouth stuffed full of cookie. :) - I didn't know about that cemetary with the prophets buried there. Add that to my to do list of Utah. :)
So fun to have you here! Ember is on my lap looking at the pictures of Embily!:)
I'm glad you had a good trip, even though your Grandma passed away. The flowers were gorgeous! You should become a florist!
Great pics. You could be a florist now ya now:) My sympathies again about grandma, I bet Emily was a huge happy help to have around for your mom right then!
I can't get over how cute Emily and Brady are together. Those pictures are priceless.
thanks for coming up! it was great for you to see my apartments. love you! p.s. i just started reading twilight...yeah..amazing. i started it yesterday while i was camping with doug and i have only 100 pages left. i cant put it down! i'm so happy i have a bookworm for a sister!
Post a Comment