Tuesday, October 07, 2008

happy b-day to me

Yes, it was The Weekend Of Heidi! I'm now 28 (which I have been telling people all year, because I always forget how old I am- what a geezer!) I got a new short haircut. It's considerably shorter in the back, and long in the front, with short wispy bangs. I liked it long, but it was taking too long to blow-dry in the morning, and I value my sleep over my style!

So Jason took me out to dinner with our friends Matt, Kay, Nathan, and Gayle at a great Chinese restaurant. Kay and I share the same birthday (which we think is so cool!) so we splurged and ordered lots of different food, and everyone shared. My favorite was the sauteed snow peas! We celebrated with cake and ice cream at Grandma's... Jason got me my favorite chocolate-chocolate-chocolate cake, aka "death by chocolate" which was oh-so-yummy! And he insisted on lighting 28 candles. Jon wanted to know why he just didn't get a 2 and an 8 candle.

Of course, a birthday isn't a birthday for Jason without a surprise... so he took me to a rock show that some of his Scouts were performing at... Their band is called For25, style is similar to Blink 182.
So I had fun taking pictures in a difficult lighting situation... difficult because I was using my point and shoot versus Shawna's awesome cameras that I covet :)


The highlight of the night for Jason was when Andy (seen below) got mad when he was run into by some moshers. I just felt old compared to all the teenagers- especially with my earplugs in (thanks Renee!), but they helped cut out the feedback so the guys sounded pretty good!

6 comments:

Miss Megan said...

Happy Birthday Miss Heidi! Coincidentally if your birthday is October 7th, that is also my mom's as well. What can I say, it's a great day. We went out to lunch today in celebration to a really yummy Japanese restaurant that opened here in AF. It was soooo yummy! Don't you love it when you can find great stuff at a good price? Anyways, another question for you. Are you, by any chance, planning a trip to Utah this month? Just wondered...

Autumn said...

Sounds like you had an awesome birthday weekend! The cake looks soooo yummy and I love all the candles too, it just wouldn't have been the same with a 2 and an 8 for sure. And, I really would have like to see Andy mad. :) Happy Belated Birthday!

Beach Mommy said...

Is that death by chocolate from Extraordinary Desserts?? I feel aweful that I didn't call or email you on the 4th. And I always remember because it's only 2 days after Pat's b-day. SO, you were thought of dearly, and Happy Belated Birthday!! I agree on the 28 thing...my favorite was 26. And as for the candles, I lighted all 32 of Pat's also...since it took so long to get to them all, there was wax dripped all over the frosting:)

Gardner Family said...

Feliz Cumpleanos Heidi! I LOVE your hair! And as far as being 28....Dan makes fun of me because every year now I say I am almost 30. Don't get me wrong, I can't wait to be a dancing granny one day. But, does it feel like the years are seriously going so stinking fast???? But I say embrace it! Here's to becoming old fogies!

emwhitte said...

Happy Birthday Heidi! you are too funny, telling people you're 28 all year long :) The concert looked like fun. I was told about it last minute but we had already made plans. Maybe next time! Glad you had a great birthday!!

denos5 said...

Happy Birthday Heidi. We are so glad you had a great day and got to spend it with your hubby and friends. We love you and miss you.