Thursday, April 30, 2009

weekend at mel's

Emily and I had a blast hanging out with Melanie, Brian, and the boys for General Conference weekend while Jason actually went to General Conference with some young men and leaders.
Tyler and Emily were inseparable on Saturday! Emily can finally keep up with her older cousins.
Hours were spent on the playhouse...
By the end of the day Emily and Tyler were literally covered from head to toe in mud after they discovered the hose Brian was watering the fruit trees with...
A yard marker makes the perfect tricycle flag :) We were laughing so hard when we saw their ingenuity!
And what's more fun than two little monkeys jumping on the bed??


I went for a run on the bike trail that goes through their neighborhood- it was so beautiful. I later clocked it on the odometer and it was 3 miles!! So that was my turning point for increasing my workout route from 2 miles to now 3 miles here at home.

In the evening Melanie and I went out for frozen yogurt (oh-so-good!) then she introduced me to the Fresh and Easy grocery store, where she gave me recommendations for their marinara sauce and frozen mango chunks.

It was the perfect relaxing weekend to jumpstart our spring break!

1 comment:

Shawn and Tori said...

That looks like so much fun! It is so nice that Emily's cousins are close enough to do that kind of stuff with!