Sunday, December 23, 2007

merry christmas eve!

December went by so fast, I can't believe it's already Christmas Eve! So here is a giant post-o-rama to get you caught up with the latest happenings...

Emily is developing some interesting attitudes, which come along with some pretty interesting noises and facial expressions!
While Daddy was camping with the scouts, Mommy and Grandma took Emily to Christmas on the Prado, where her favorite things were the lights and the carolers.
Emily helps Dad open the tin of Christmas treats from the Harris family and gets her first taste of chocolate!


We like going for walks to the park with Aunt Cheryl and Cousin Brady and swinging on the swings.
On December 12, Emily turned one!
She thought our rendition of "Happy Birthday to You" was hilarious. After I took this picture, the crumbly part of the cupcake made her gag and she threw up. Nice.

We spent several hours at Grandma's home making all kinds of goodies for our friends, family, and students. We didn't burn anything (miracle!) but the rice crispy treats suffered a dismal fate after our brilliant idea of drizzling them with melted chocolate looked more like doggie-droppings.
The Hershey kiss cookies were more of a success.
I was so sick of cookies after that night, I thought I'd never eat one again. Yeah, right. It only took me a few days to recover from that and I have been happily indulging in my favorite Christmas treat since.

Emily and Brady had a fun birthday party at the park, but weren't too interested in the cake. So their older friends helped them dig in!




Now that Emily is a full-fledged toddler (she's walking people!) she's getting more bumps and bruises. Here's her first shiner! Luckily it didn't really get black and blue. But in combination with some intense teething, any fall is a catastrophe. She now has four teeth on top and two on the bottom.
And finally, our new pet! We've named him Scruples the Coyote. We spotted him from our balcony on the bank next to our building. Larry and Marlene, we'll be sending you a 5x7 to hang on your "grandkids wall" next to Ranger. :)

1 comment:

Miss Megan said...

Merry Christmas, Heidi Jason Emily!