Friday, June 13, 2008

coolest headstone at the cemetery

Well, I really think this has been worth the wait! Today we went to see Dad's headstone be placed over his grave. The pictures on the marker are actually in shallow relief, so it's not just completely flat. The words are also raised up and very shiny like the border. The granite base reminds me of the rocks on top of Half Dome in Yosemite, and the Salt Lake Temple. (I blanked out the last name for privacy reasons).Emily and Brady loved ringing the chimes hanging from dad's pine tree.
Before:






After!

7 comments:

Gardner Family said...

That is the most amazing thing I have ever seen.The pictures are beautiful and captures the memories of each other. I love it. Miss you Uncle Kent.....

David Madsen said...

A great headstone for a great man and a great family. He left a great legacy. He is surely missed by all who ever knew him. We do miss you Uncle Kent.

Beach Mommy said...

That is amazing...really the best with the portraits of you guys...I bet he loves it;)

Unknown said...

That is BEAUTIFUL. Thanks for sharing it. I've never seen a headstone like it. How sweet.

Miss Megan said...

OK that really is an amazing headstone! I got a little teary-eyed looking at all the pictures of your parents together. It is a great tribute to your dad and to your entire family. So sweet.

Trish said...

I have never seen a headstone that neat. There are no words needed. Love you all. Trish

Autumn said...

That's the best headstone I've ever seen. How awesome it is, and for those random onlookers who'll see it, see your family and the temple and start to ask questions! So cool.