I just finished reading The Host, by Stephenie Meyer, who wrote the awesome Twilight books. The premise of the book is creepy- like something M. Night Shyamalan would make a scary movie about that I would never see because I'm a total wimp about scary movies (I have a very visual and easily traumatized memory, I've decided...)Anyway. Back to the book! Creepy premise aside, The Host was amazing! I resisted buying it, waiting to see what others would think, and then when we went beach camping this weekend, I borrowed Leanna's copy (she loved it, too). Of course, once I get into a book, I have to finish it with minimal breaks, so I read the majority of it on Saturday. The plot was original and creative (for me, at least- I'm one of those people who don't like science fiction), the characters were easy to relate to, I think because this author has a knack for describing emotions and feelings. There is also plenty of action and just the right amount of romance and angst. Great ending, too, which is always a deal-breaker for me :)


4 comments:
Hmm. I've been resisting this one. But I may have to change my mind after your recommendation!
And on an unrelated note, binky-free? How did you do that?!?
I'm glad you liked it as well. I am actually planning on doing a review of it on Cupcake Chowder one of these days...maybe tonight? Anyways, I also have some video clips I'm going to post on my blog from when Stephenie Meyer was in Lehi! Check my blog for updates in a few days. Hooray for good books!
Oh I'm so excited! I love Stephenie Meyer and now I can't wait to read this!
I liked it to. It took me a little while to get into, because I don't really like science fiction, but I ended up loving it. Also, I've never cried reading a book like I did reading The Host. I cried a lot at like three different parts of the book.
Post a Comment