Sunday, August 24, 2008

beach day with grandma

Mom came down last week to watch the nephews and brought the boys to our beach. sandy feet and snacks to eat!
hermit crabs must be investigated closely.
BEACH DRAMA: Derek got pinched on his foot by a tiny sand crab. He rotated questions every ten seconds... "Is it bleeding?" "What bit me?" "How many crabs are out there?" So when I found this mother of a crab (it originally was caught over by the rocks by a boy that was setting it free right where we were playing), I brought it back to Derek and said, "Hey Derek, I found the crab that bit you!" His eyes couldn't have gotten any bigger as he jumped up and ran away (which didn't make mom happy because she had just convinced him he was really only poked by a stick). Do you think Jason has influenced my sense of humor?? So the rest of the drama happened each time it escaped from the bucket (accompanied by screams and yells), the funniest being when Brady decided to dump out the water with all the hermit crabs and Giagantor the foot-eater.
Grandma and Brady
Tyler's curly blond hair!
Carter and Derek
Emily!
Yes, I know she needs a major haircut. She just won't hold still! I'm going to make a fortune when I invent Sedation Haircuts.
Derek always makes me laugh- pointing to a seagull, "Look, a goose!" And then later, when I asked him what kind of bird that is, "An eagle? A goose? Oh, yeah! A seagull."

3 comments:

Gardner Family said...

Your Momma looks so happy......

denos5 said...

You guys are beach fanatics. That is great. The kids sure look like they are having fun.

Jon and Cheryl said...

Sedation haircuts...I love it!