Sunday, November 23, 2008

how I love twilight

First, check out the review of Twilight on Cupcake Chowder by my friend Megan . . . I completely concur, and it will save me from writing a less articulate review myself, which will basically say the same thing :) She was also able to write a great review without giving away the storyline- something which would be difficult for me!
I also have to give props to Chris for setting up a fun girls' night out and waiting in line with the crazy teenagers so we could have awesome seats!
These two actors came pretty darn close to how I imagined Bella and Edward.
Those gold eyes... *swoon* Alternately, the red eyes of Laurent gave me the chills
I loved the wardrobe choices for Bella, especially since that was the style I dressed in high school :)
Although the settings in the movie are not what I had pictured when reading the book (why didn't they hire me as a consultant??), they made the movie beautiful yet grounded in reality. So while the movie could never top one of my favorite books of all time (mainly because of the "butterfly factor" as Chris and Deannah put it), it sure was a great experience and brought new life to the story.
What did you think??

7 comments:

NutMeg said...

I agree! I LOVED it. I liked your review a lot, but I'm flattered you liked mine so much. Thanks for linking me! Muuuuaaaah!

Shawn and Tori said...

I am glad you liked it. I actually didn't go see it even though I have read all the books and loved them! I am just afraid it will completely ruin it- but if you liked it and thought it was a good portrayal maybe I will give it a chance ~

Mrs. Nick Jonas said...

ok i loved the movie!!!!!!!!it was more awesomer than the jonas brothers!!!!!

NutMeg said...

P.S. You need to go and check out my cousin Ann's blog "An Old Fashioned Girl." She posted some awesome pictures from our Twilight night that I think you could definitely appreciate! www.annban10.blogspot.com
P.S. Don't forget to leave a comment! She would love it!

Ann Marie said...

Thanks for checking out my review!
I agree with what you said, and I love and adore the pictures from the movie. I seriously want to see it today or tomm. again.

It's not as great as the book, but it is L.O.V.E!!!!!!!

Beach Mommy said...

Okay....while watching the movie, my friends and I giggled a lot at some of the cheesiness in Edward's reactions, though they do go with the book, but seeing them in actions was a bit different. Also, one of the girls with us didn't read the book. So I found I had to explain quite a bit that was unexplained because the knowledge, of say her 'floral scent' to him, wasn't clarified in the movie like it was in the book. We came out thinking, 'okay I guess we fell into the teenage trap,' but as the weekend came to an end, I now find myself wanting to watch it again and I still want my hubby to long for me as much as Edward longs for Bella....cheesy on my part, I know.

Nancy in Utah said...

I hope you are sitting down - your mother actually went to a midnight showing of Twilight with Melanie and Kristin! Pretty good for not having read the books yet; I'll go to the others. I am taking an Adolescent Development class next semester that requires me to read a teenage novel - I think I'll finally get Twilight read!