Saturday, September 26, 2009

explosive

I forgot I had this post waiting to be published! Jason took me on a wonderful date with our friends Matt and Kay to the KGB Skyshow at Qualcomm Stadium. Jason has been a few times, but this was my first... now I see what the big deal has been! They knew the best spot to view the show- from the top back of the stadium, where we could overlook the parking lot where everything was lit. Amazing.
So I put my little point and shoot digital camera on the fireworks mode (which was a 2 second shutter speed), and propped it on the ledge to stabilize like a tripod.

We were so close I was wishing I had a wider angle lens to catch everything!
Do you see the heart? I caught the smiley face on the right!
I love this shot because it caught the point of explosion!


The grand finale- bright enough??
And the freeway landscaping that caught fire as a result! Apparently it happens every year.


All other fireworks simply cannot live up to this show! I saw new and unique displays, but the biggest difference is the MUSIC! Accompanying music totally makes it for me. So, the skyshow is our new family tradition!

3 comments:

denos5 said...

Those are great pictures!! How fun.

Beach Mommy said...

That is awesome! I had no idea they did that!! We'll have to come sometime!

Erin said...

Wow! I love fireworks. The photos are amazing.