Thursday, October 22, 2009

new church calling

I'm the new Relief Society secretary!
I was sad to be released from Stake Primary president, but was ready for a change. From that calling I learned many leadership skills, but my favorite part was getting to know so many wonderful sisters from four different wards, as well as having some pretty incredible counselors and secretaries- Kay, Megan, Camille, Ally, and Kelly- it was a pleasure to serve with you! And the sisters who are in the new presidency are cream of the crop- I'm confident they'll set a new standard of support for the program. Go Julia, Michele and Diane!
So on to new responsibilities... this will be my first calling in Relief Society and as a secretary, and I'm pretty excited! My friend, former first counselor, former visiting teaching companion, and Emily's surrogate grandma Kay is the RS president, so I'm completely thrilled to serve with her again. And I have the feeling that I'm really going to enjoy getting to know the sisters in our ward much better!

1 comment:

Beach Mommy said...

I think what you'll notice most is although you'll miss the spirit of being with the kids, it's so nice to get the different kind of spiritual lifting RS brings - I love YW, but I miss RS and I never thought I would.