For my last time teaching preschool before we take a break for summer, our theme was BUBBLES! First we played with big bubble wands outside, then did a baking soda and vinegar experiment.
The highlight was making bubble paint prints, which was fun, exciting, and messy! Of course I had to use the leftover bubble paint later to experiment and have my own fun making stationary.
Halfway through I found I was even more fascinated by the visual process of creating and capturing the ultra-colorful bubbles, so I busted out my camera.
I was having so much fun I lost track of time!
This green print is one of my favorites!
Here is red and purple blown simultaneously...
The red(pink)/purple print with some bubbles still remaining...
And after they popped! End result:
I love how the paint collects at the base of the bubbles
The paper towel afterwards was saturated with color! Next time I do this I'll put cardstock under the cups to create a print from.
Here's the recipe I ended up using, one color in each cup.
- A generous squirt of dishsoap
- about 1/4 cup of tempera paint
- about 1/4 cup water (but I would use less next time to keep the colors brighter- maybe just 1 tablespoon)
Mix, then put in a straw and blow to form the bubbles! The more bubbles, the better. They need to be above the rim of the cup. Place your paper (I used cardstock) on top of the overflowing bubbles to capture the print. I played around with scooping the bubbles onto the paper and letting them sit and pop on their own after a few minutes. The paper warped as it dried, so I pressed them in between two heavy books overnight to flatten.












4 comments:
COOL STUFF! Love it! You could probably do those bubbles on canvas and then charge a fortune for them :)
This is super cool! My mom is a scrapbooker and always making cool paper, (shaving cream paper, chalk paper, etc) so i sent her a link to your blog :)
I'm excited to try this bubble paint:)
this is such a great idea!!! i am totally going to do this with my boys outside this summer. Do you have any other cool kid ideas!?
This looks like so much fun, we will have to try it. I love the way your pictures turned out.
Post a Comment