This post is inspired by Megan over at this girl's life. While commenting on her post about our favorite things that make Christmas special, I realized that I needed to share one of my holiday traditions.
And so, without further ado...
It's just not Christmas until...
I've watched The Muppet Christmas Carol with Cheryl and we sing all the songs and quote along with the funny parts. And there's a lot of funny parts.
With Michael Caine as Scrooge, Miss Piggy as an agressive Mrs. Crachit, and Gonzo as the narrator Charles Dickens (along with his sarcastic sidekick Rizzo the Rat), the Muppets make this Christmas Carol really sing. Literally. There's a bunch of sing-along-able songs with hilarious lyrics. It's also mandatory to watch this movie with someone who has a light spirit prone to the giggles. So if you're feeling Scroogey with bah humbug! on the tip of your tongue, just pop in this classic for instant holiday cheer! (Don't you think I'd be good at writing the back of DVD covers? No? Well, okay.)
My favorite part...
With Michael Caine as Scrooge, Miss Piggy as an agressive Mrs. Crachit, and Gonzo as the narrator Charles Dickens (along with his sarcastic sidekick Rizzo the Rat), the Muppets make this Christmas Carol really sing. Literally. There's a bunch of sing-along-able songs with hilarious lyrics. It's also mandatory to watch this movie with someone who has a light spirit prone to the giggles. So if you're feeling Scroogey with bah humbug! on the tip of your tongue, just pop in this classic for instant holiday cheer! (Don't you think I'd be good at writing the back of DVD covers? No? Well, okay.)
My favorite part...Bob Crachit (Kermit) asks Scrooge for an extra shovelful of coal for the fire, and the rats who are bookkeepers pipe up in support:
Bookkeepers: "Our pens have turned to inksicles!" "Yeah, our assets are frozen!"
Scrooge: "How would the bookkeepers like to be suddenly UNEMPLOYED?!"
Bookkeepers: "Heat wave!" "Areba!" "This is my island in the sun..."


3 comments:
.....Oiy Oiy Oiy!
Emily is soooooo cute! Send me the pictures via e-mail!
I am ashamed to say that I have never actually seen "A Muppet Christmas Carol". HOWEVER, I just checked my local libraries web site, and they have a copy of it! Guess what I'll be renting next week?
Post a Comment