Friday, January 02, 2009

let's get this party started... not how I taught you

We got together with some of our friends who also enjoy watching the most hilarious show on television to play The Office DVD board game my mom gave me for my birthday.
The guys kept what we were going to be doing a secret from the girls, and they each dressed up as a character from the show!
Jason as Andy Bernard, the preppy/anger-management/personality-mirroring/brown-noser.

Dirk as Dwight, the Amish/Nazi beet farmer who falls prey to Jim's practical jokes.
Matt as Jim, the office cutie who pines after Pam and throws the camera wide-eyed looks whenever something shocking happens (which is often).
Mike as Toby, who broke his neck while attempting to zip-line in Costa Rica...
Jon as... well, we couldn't decide if he'd make a better Oscar (gay Hispanic accountant) or Ryan (temp-turned-corporate 'wunderkind' attempting a beard).
Rick as Creed, the creepy old homeless kleptomaniac who grows mung beans in his desk.
And the ladies of the Office! Emily, Jen, Heidi, Deannah, Megan, Cheryl... we all make a great Pam :)
Props to Deannah and Mike who won the game, Megan and Dirk for hosting the party at their home, and Target's $1 bin for fun Office SWAG (Stuff We All Get). The highlight of the evening was the rat race during the group task of filling a cup with water, racing to the front door, then back to the TV *without spilling*. Hi.lar.i.ous. Three of the guys got stuck trying to go through the door at the same time (I thought that only happened in cartoons!), and Jason tried to knock Megan's cup out of her hand and she retaliated by throwing the water at him! Needless to say, Megan's kitchen floor is now freshly mopped.

7 comments:

Gardner Family said...

THE GREATEST thing I have ever seen. I SO wish we lived closer. I love that you have a Dunder Mifflin shirt!!!

Nancy in Utah said...

I am laughing so hard right now! Did you hear that Kristin met the real Oscar tonight and got his autograph?!

Beach Mommy said...

Great idea! I love the costumes and that Jon could possibly be the gay Oscar:) Very cute!

Shawn and Tori said...

I am so jealous! I have so far only met 2 other people out here who is as big a freak about The Office as I am. No option for an Office party.

Annie said...

Tom and I LOVE the office. What a great idea to play that with friends. Jason is totally Andy Bernard. He is one of my favorite characters. HA ha ha

Anonymous said...

how fun! I didn't know there was a game! Love those costumes.

Miss Megan said...

Ha ha! That is seriously hilarious! I loved that everyone actually dressed up according to their favorite character. (Dwight was the best - or maybe Toby. I can't decide). We also got the game for Christmas, but have had to settle on reading the cards to each other since no one else watches the show!