Saturday, January 03, 2009

she's officially a two-year-old

We celebrated Emily and Brady's two-year-old birthdays together with a casual Friday morning playdate at the park with some of their friends.
The kids all had a great time playing on the playground, and the moms enjoyed relaxing and chatting! Emily's favorite song for the last few months has been 'Happy Birthday', so I knew she would enjoy being sung to!
The wind blew out Emily's candle, but Brady was all over his! Yay!
At first glance, I thought Emily was simply licking the frosting off the candle, but when she started coughing and spitting out chewed up wax, we realized that she had bitten off a huge chunk of the candle!
The cupcakes were super yummy (if I do say so myself), but I obviously was craving chocolate when I bought the mix and not using my mommy brain which would have alerted me to the fact that chocolate-chocolate cupcakes are *extremely* messy! Thank goodness for baby wipes.
After cupcakes, Brady decided to quench his thirst by guzzling bubble liquid. We were all gagging! I'm wondering if Miss Chunk-O-Candle and Mr. Soapaholic will make it to year three...Happy Birthday!

7 comments:

Shawn and Tori said...

They are so cute! It is so weird that they are already 2! And Brady is obviously very resourceful- and not a snob about what he drinks apparently~

Annie said...

That is too funny! What Cutie-patooties!!! Lucky girl to have a mom like you.

Nancy in Utah said...

I couldn't leave the house for my first day of school w/o viewing this post! The day can now officially begin! I sure do love these little ones!

Nicole said...

I can't believe how fast time has gone by. She is getting cuter everyday! Happy Birthday Emily!

Melanie @ Addicted to Homes said...

They are so stinkin cute! Looks like they had a fun day, the candle and soap cracks me up!

Beach Mommy said...

That's so funny that she took the candle and he took the bubbles... Are they craving something in their diets:)? Looks like lots of fun and congrats on your little twosome.

Miss Megan said...

Happy birthday Miss Emily! It sure was fun to see you last week!