While Jason was camping it up with the Scouts, Emily and I enjoyed spending time with Grandma!
Emily had a great time walking/running around Temple Square in Salt Lake City, where the weather was gorgeous!
Our Utah tradition is to look at the temple from the top floor of the Joseph Smith Memorial Building.
And eat lunch with Grandma at the posh Garden Restaurant there (we had a great view overlooking the temple!)
Emily had a great time exploring some exhibits designed for children at the Church History Museum, and was an absolute *angel* while I spent quite a long time at the exhibit for the the International Art Competition in the Conference Center.
Licking the beaters and eating chocolate chips are just perks of helping grandma make cookies!
One of the more memorable activites for Emily was going to feed carrots to the horses around the corner, but she hasn't worked up the courage to hand one to the horse yet.

Mom and Kristin took us on a scenic little hike up Provo Canyon to the base of Bridal Veil Falls
They are big horses, though!
My little cutie-pie with her attitude face!
Not too spoiled by Aunt Kristin...
Another Utah tradition- hitting the DI thrift stores with Megan to stock up on cheap used books! I couldn't resist snapping a picture of these rad dessert dishes (and almost took them home!)
Then Megan and I went to lunch at Zupa's. The most amazing little cafe with killer salads (I had the Summer Chicken Salad which was garnished with strawberries, grapes, craisins, cashews, and strawberry vinagerette dressing- YUM!) soup and sandwiches to die for, and a chocolate-dipped strawberry is served with every meal. Now my newest Utah tradition!
Did I mention the insanely awesome dessert we shared?
And here's my Utah girls! True Southern California girls who are just displaced, but give me more fun people to hang out with on vacation :) We had a BBQ with everyone's families and then played a late-night "getting-to-know-you" game that exposed some little-known facts about each other... like my (not-so-secret-anymore) nostalgic love for Neil Diamond's Coming To America, which was mocked mercilessly!


5 comments:
Larry Says:
hen you and Maddie have something in common...a love for "Coming to America"!
My question is...do you dance to the music like Maddie???
It looks like you did all the great things there are to do in Utah - Temple Square, farm life, D.I. shopping, JS Memorial Building and hanging with mom/friends! And yes, Dave's game is a lot of fun, and I still love you even though you are a Neil Diamond fan. Hey, you've got a few up on me! Remember our "guilty pleasures" conversation at Gardner Village? Enough said.
LOVE Coming to America, too! TODAY! TODAY! TODAY!
Oh, and I would have LOVED those dessert cups! Oh well!
I'm amazed at how Emily looks like all of the ladies in your fam! So cute! And that dessert at the garden restaurant looks good!!
Post a Comment